On May 31, 2019, Collaborate was retired and is no longer available for use. Zoom replaced Collaborate as NC State’s supported academic web conferencing tool.
Collaborate recordings are no longer accessible. If you have a recording that was not saved before the deadline and it’s imperative that you retrieve it, contact LearnTech and we may be able to assist you. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like 1-on-1 assistance on using Zoom, request an instructional consultation with one of our experts. We will schedule an appointment time that fits your schedule and personally guide you through the transition.
Throughout the 18-19 academic year, DELTA offered the workshop Moving from Collaborate to Zoom to help instructors transition between platforms. You can view a recording of this workshop held in March 2019.
- When did Blackboard Collaborate go away?
- Blackboard Collaborate was retired on May 31, 2019.
- What replaced Blackboard Collaborate?
- Zoom was selected as the replacement for Collaborate. There is a high degree of parity in the features and Zoom provides greater “ease of use” for both faculty and students. To access Zoom, go to https://ncsu.zoom.us.
- What are the main differences between Collaborate and its replacement, Zoom?
- Zoom is very similar to Collaborate and it offers the same key capabilities (e.g. participant controls, recording, application sharing, polling, breakout rooms, etc.) There are many side-by-side comparison articles on the Web, and here is one by GetApp that provides detailed info on each tool.
- What happened to my Collaborate Recordings?
- They are no longer accessible. If you have a recording that was not saved before the deadline and it’s imperative that you retrieve it, contact LearnTech and we may be able to assist you.
- How do I learn to use the new platform, Zoom?